Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No internet

Well after no response from virgin media support regarding slow speeds. I was advised to buy a Asus router. Change hub to modem. It arrived... The instructions might as well have been in swahili. I now have no broadband. I can't login to change hub back to router. Have a pick light on it. Sat on the phone on hold. Virgin media this is unacceptable. I've been cut off the phone. No reply from chat. 28 dsys before you respond to my complaint. Can you tell that I am beyond being annoyed right now. 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet

Wi-Fi speeds aren’t guaranteed so there’s little point raising a complaint about them.

If the hub is in modem mode you need to follow these steps:

Power off the hub and router disconnecting all Ethernet cables from the hub

Power on the hub only and allow it 5 minutes to initialise

Connect the Router to the bottom Ethernet port of the hub and the other end in the WAN port of the router. Power on the router and allow 5 minutes to initialise.

Any further Ethernet connections need to be made to the ASUS router and not the hub. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Actually my complaint isn't about the wifi speed - I know they are not guaranteed and I understand this is an unprecendented situation we are in.  Its the fact that you cannot contact anyone for support.  Email, Phone, Chat.   I am on the phone on hold right now - nearing an hour with the same two songs playing over and over again.  With the message intermittently go online.   Well actually I can now.  I managed to reset my Hub 3 back to a router as I couldn't get the Asus Router to connect following the all to brief instructions.  But I am just back to square one and looking for an electrician.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@jmulvey wrote:

Actually my complaint isn't about the wifi speed - I know they are not guaranteed and I understand this is an unprecendented situation we are in.  Its the fact that you cannot contact anyone for support.  Email, Phone, Chat.   I am on the phone on hold right now - nearing an hour with the same two songs playing over and over again.  With the message intermittently go online.   Well actually I can now.  I managed to reset my Hub 3 back to a router as I couldn't get the Asus Router to connect following the all to brief instructions.  But I am just back to square one and looking for an electrician.

Why would an electrician know what to do?

The instructions given were the correct ones to use.

I’m also assuming you setup your ASUS router beforehand and set it to Automatic/DHCP as the connection type?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos