Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No internet

My wifi is down and has been since around 2am. I’ve tried rebooting and resetting the hub...I have the hub3. I’ve tried calling and been on hold for 2 hours. The green ‘wifi’ light is flashing and the solid white light is on. No devices at all are connecting??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet

It may be a good idea to carry out a factory reset on the Hub …

DO NOT DO THIS if the password on the base of the Hub is not legible or missing.

Instructions for Hub 3

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.

With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar (I use a mobile phone SIM Slot tool) and do a pinhole reset.

Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.

DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Once a steady white and no other lights are illuminated check your system again.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou so much for your reply, I’ve tried your suggestion and still no joy. It’s a nightmare with 2 kids who are having to do their school work from home. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What does the service status page show?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi it shows that there are no problems in the area

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi LoulouB77, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry you've been having some issues with the internet, this isn't good. 

I'd also like to apologise for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

I've had a look at the back end of things from here and can see you've since been in touch with the team and it's all been sorted. 

Do let us know if you need anything else. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos