Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No internet

We’ve moved house and Neil, the engineer came today to set up our internet and tv. The tv works although sport and movies are not showing which should be as they’re included in our package, and the internet doesn’t work at all. The internet hub is showing: green WiFi, green flashing arrows, and green power. Please help ASAP.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet

Sounds like the equipment hasn't been activated. Try swiching of and unplugging it all for 5' and see if it comes to life.

If not, to activate new equipment you have 3 options – I’d try all 3!

1) The equipment activation number is... 0800 953 9500 - call at 08.00 for best chance of getting through.

2) Or, due to loss of support staff a text service has been set up - send details of your issue and include your account number to - 07533 051809 - responses are slower though

3) A VM person should respond on here when they pick it up.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sounds more like there is no signal coming down the cable for some reason. Since it was a manned install, they should not need to activate it.

I would text that number jbrennand gave. 07533051809 informing them that you have total loss of services. 

Someone will be round fairly quick usually since its a total loss of service call.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a Service Field Technician at Virgin. However, all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks both, I called the number and they sent round an engineer tomorrow - all fixed. The first engineer didn’t check the connection outside properly and it was faulty.

0 Kudos