Menu
costel168
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No internet

Hi, I'm new and I want you to help me with an internet problem: "️Your Home network has a few problems." - Checking Broadband Service (‼ ️⚠️) - Checking Ethernet Connections () - Checking WiFi Connections (‼ ️⚠️) I mention that I tried to make some settings from the router (Wireless Signal) and change the channels! thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet

So what exactly is the problem you are experiencing that causes you to go searching for error messages?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
costel168
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My router does not connect to the internet!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What Hub model? Is it new? What are the various lights on it signifying?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
costel168
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

hub model is 3, has 1 year already and the light is yellow 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Pardon?

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
costel168
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry i already edited!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I assume you have tried all of the VM advice here?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-no-wifi-connection-hub3

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
costel168
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes and still no have internet 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

So that includes doing the recommended factory reset, just note that a pinhole reset on a Hub3 can be a bit problematic - so do it (again) EXACTLY this way (not as the VM website says!).

With the Hub switched "on", disconnect any ethernet connections and then push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail/SIM tray “tool” or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT manually restart the Hub at any time. Leave it 10' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings/admin one to access the Hub (it is a six digit numeric one).

See if that sorts it.

If that doesn’t sort it - then you will have to call it in as call it in as faulty (08.00 is the best time) or wait here for a VM person - but that can be 5-10 days.

--------------------
John
--------------------