Menu
Linaker100
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No internet

No internet for 3 days no channels for 2 weeks emailing regaurding compensation for loss of network and channels i reported this issue 3 days ago. Not got anywhere useless.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet

VM never respond to emails.

Have you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) gives the best chance of getting through quickly.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies usually take longer.

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up as soon as they see it and be able to help but it can take 5-10 days

The "compensation "timer" can also be started on the 0800 number and the compo policy details are in these docs....

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Linaker100
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet

Thank you for your advise, muvh appreciated!

done all of the above finally managed to get someone to call out today between 12-4 so hopefully the issue is easily fixed regaurding tv and broadband.

Will be trying again tonight to try and get hold off them

Work 6 days a week so its hard sitting waiting on the phone while trying to get my job done.  

Thanks again

0 Kudos