Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No internet since 2am white hub 3 light

Since 2am iv had no internet. All I have on the hub 3 is the white power light that comes on an off. No other lights present. My wifi devices can not find the router and my wired pc just says undefined network. I have an engineer coming on monday but is there any one with an idea I can do to resolve this myself. I cant even get into the router using the local ip address. I have changed nothing. I tried the reset but nothing changed.

Suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet since 2am white hub 3 light

if you haven't, first check for “known network faults”.

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.
Report back. If there is a known problem the tech visit will get "auto-cancelled" until that is fixed

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

What does the service status page show?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The status page only says an issue with tv. I cant use the phone number status check cause I dont have a virgin phone number and I cant check using my account number cause my mum has it and she is at work. I'm 23 before anyone asks if I am the account owner but my mum owns it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

OK try the 0800 number when you get the account number.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I found the account number and called the number. No issues in my area apparently. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

OK - may have to wait for the engineer. Not much you can do then - try this as a last resort.

------------------------------------
First switch the Hub off for 5 minutes AND unplug it from the mains. Whilst it's off, do a quick check that all of your coax cable connections are in nice and "finger" tight - at the Hub and wall box and also at any connectors etc. Ensure there are no “unterminated cable loose ends. Disconnect all the connections and reconnect to be sure. Also check that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing, check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box. Then switch it on again and leave a few minutes

Then do a Hub “pinhole reset” - but, make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub, and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it there firmly for 60 seconds – release the pin then leave the Hub 10’ to stabilise.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Right well if just done all that and nothing happened. I have no idea what could have happened. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Can you access the Hub settings?

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. Log in - or hit "router status".

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet since 2am white hb 3 light

Iv tried that. Just tells me the page is not available or something along those lines

0 Kudos