Menu
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No internet or TV all day. Email said it is fixed, it isnt

So, some time in the early hours, we lost TV and internet. Obvioisly did the service status, said there was an issue, 5:30pm fix.

At 5:30 got an email saying 9:30pm.

Around 9pm, got an email saying was fixed, but we still have nothing. Can't run the service test as it says I'm only allowed 6 goes per day.

When I try to connect to WiFi, it directs me to the router access page. TV shows error s101.

Not happy. All wires are fully in. Every cable is tight in, no play.

Acquired Downstream Channel (Hz) 

Update in progress

Scanning

Ranged Upstream Channel (Hz) 

Update in progress

Provisioning State 

Nothing on downstream or upstream

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) SNR (dB) Modulation Channel ID

Downstream bonded channels

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet or TV all day. Email said it is fixed, it isnt

To see if its fixed, as well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If its saying its fixed try rebooting the equipment, if that doesnt sort it do a pinhole rest on the Hub (dont switch it off and press the pin in firmly for one minute).

If there is still no connection you will have to call it in and see what they say.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. The service status says "no known issues", and gives me the option to run a test. That fails, then has a supremely irritating circular link, which gives 4things to try, and if that doesn't work, rerun the test. Drives me mad.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Are you connected now? If you are still having issues try this protocol...

-----
First do a Hub “pinhole reset” - with the Hub "switched on" throughout, disconnect any ethernet cables, press pin in firmly and hold it there for 60 seconds – release the pin then leave it 10’ to stabilise. But, make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first !

If that’s all good.... Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there. In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before] click on the “router status” icon at top right (SH2’s) or text at bottom-middle of first page up (Hub3) and then copy/paste as “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – from the Downstream, Upstream, & Network Logs pages. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button a second time).

Also, in the meantime, (if you haven’t already) set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” when you have the first 24h period.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Reset didn't work. Honestly, so frustrating. Rest of the street is on, I'm still off.

Done many reboots, resets. Wires in and out. Nothing.

Engineer is coming Friday.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

OK - nowt can be done until the tech takes a look.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yeah... Not good.

Thanks for trying to help, appreciated.

0 Kudos