Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No internet connection

Screenshot_20201112-181851_Gallery (1).jpg

No Internet for 2 days now and can't get through to customer services after 4 attempts so trying for help here. No issue showing on Virgin Media status checker but know others in N10 postcode are having the same problems. Heres my network status log from when it all when pear shaped if anyone could help that would be great as no where else to turn! 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet connection

What does the automated service status number state?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi how do I find that? Thanks. Michael 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ah think I know what you meant. Called the number and checked the online status checker and says no problems identified. Yet I know there's quite a few people in my area that have the same problem 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue here in SG6, it started of as intermittent loss of internet for a few minutes, occasionally requiring a re-boot of the router.

Three times today we lost the internet, the last time it went down for good, after several attempts at re-booting, going through the online status checker etc, we're left with a solid green WiFi light and a flashing green internet connection light.  All devices state a sign in is required, I'm pretty sure this isn't the case and that there is either an issue with the fibre broadband or the router.

Trying to get hold of customer services however has proved to be pointless and all attempts at calling, texting or going through the website all lead to the status checker, that conveniently states there are no report issues.  We've now had to book an appointment with an engineer, the earliest date being in four days!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Morning @Mikeyhcm

Welcome back to the Community and thanks for your post - sorry that you've had some issues with your broadband connection over the last week or so. I've not been able to locate your account from your forum details - are you still having issues? 

We're also unable to see what you have posted - it may have included personal information or your IP address. 

If you're still having issues, have you rebooted and been through the self checks via your online account at all? You say you have no internet at all - is this on both a wired and WiFi connection? Do you have any lights on the front of your hub? 

If you're still having issues, please do let us know and we'll do what we can to help you out

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Kri5

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - sorry that you've had some issues down in Hertfordshire way last week. I can only apologise that you had some issues getting in touch with us initially but glad that you were able to book a technician to come and take a look. 

From locating your account I can see that the visit did go ahead and the technician was able to locate the issue and get things back up and running for you; all is looking well this end so hope all is ok for you at home since the changes were made

If you need any additional help, please don't hesitate to pop back.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

We have indeed had a visit from an engineer and the issue was resolved, everyone happy now, especially my son who can't go 5 minutes without technology!

0 Kudos