Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 29
Flag for a moderator

No internet connection over Wifi

Like other users here I have a Wifi connection to my Hub 3.0 but no internet connection via Wifi,

With a hard wired LAN connection I get about 280 MBPS internet connection.

I have gone through all the other threads on here and tried every variation in the Hub settings.  Yes I have also checked my connections, pressed reset many times and powered down many times.

The helpline messaging system is set up such that you may get a reply after a few hours and if you are not waiting for the reply at the time they come back to you, your help request is gone within a few minutes.  I cannot sit watching the screen for hour after hour on the off chance somebody gets back to me.

I really just want to cance my account now as we have been playing this game for over a week now and I am supposed to be working from home.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 2 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet connection over Wifi

Good luck cancelling.

I have never seen anyone get cancelled because it does work.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 29
Flag for a moderator

It doesn't work Mike.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 4 of 29
Flag for a moderator

@Paullypaul wrote:

With a hard wired LAN connection I get about 280 MBPS internet connection.

That is working.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 29
Flag for a moderator

I am paying for Wifi Mike.  That doesn't involve connecting every device in my house to the hub with a LAN connection.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 6 of 29
Flag for a moderator

What have you done to try and get the Wi-Fi working ?

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 29
Flag for a moderator

I have done quite a lot.  Among other things I went through the steps you suggested on another post re: Disable Channel Optimization and giving the 2.4 and 5 GHz different names etc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 8 of 29
Flag for a moderator

@Paullypaul wrote:

I have done quite a lot.  Among other things I went through the steps you suggested on another post re: Disable Channel Optimization and giving the 2.4 and 5 GHz different names etc.

Have you rebooted the Hub ?

Have you rebooted the Wi-Fi connecting devices ?

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have rebooted the hub, and pressed reset for over 15 seconds.  The connected devices include Smart TV and a few laptops and these have all been rebooted and hard powered down and plugs left out for several  minutes.  My mobile has also been powered off and started again.  They all see the network over Wifi but cannot access internet over Wifi.  My laptop can access internet over the LAN connection but not over Wifi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 10 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Can you switch the Hub off for 5 minutes using the small switch on the rear of the Hub next to the power cord. When you switch the Hub back on allow it a few minutes to get itself sorted and then try the Wi-Fi again. 

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos