Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No internet connection flashing green power light

Hello,

Thank you in advance for any help.

I’m a key worker that’s working from home however have had no broadband for the last 2 days. I have not been able to get in contact with VM by phone as the call centre is closed and says to go online. The online journey says an engineer cannot be booked online and I need to call just sending me in a loop. I have sent Facebook messages, twitter messages and text messages to no avail. I understand and appreciate the pandemic we are in is affecting service. 

the Wi-fi side of things is working fine but there is no internet. The power light just flashes green. When logging into the router it says access denied against the internet section. I have checked all cables are tight and no damage. Rebooted router several times and no change.

please can someone help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet connection flashing green power light

Hi there, has there been any work carried out in the garden, or street recently that could have damaged any external wiring?

has your house had a signal booster fitted at any time by us, that could have got switched off? 

failing all those, please feel free to message me with your account number and area reference and I can check if there are any local issues for you.

ian 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ian,

thank you for the reply,

I have been contacted through messages by Darren, who has called me and gone through some diagnostics. It appears the fault is external between the house and the main box as the opt in light in red for the fibre cable in the brown box.

hes looking to try and sort out an appointment for me. Thank you 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I’m having the same issue- rebooted several times, hard pin reset and still nothing

0 Kudos