cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection…but only on some devices!

naymo
Joining in

Evening all,

Since this morning I have had no internet connectivity from my hub 5, but only on some devices. I have rang customer services and they said to reset the hub with a pen and all will be good. Well, guess what, it isn’t. 
there are numerous devices that show as connecting but do not. As I can work out there are three that connect and have internet access the rest do not even connect though they can see the network.
nothing has changed in the way of locations for the items, I have cycled the hub on and off and pressed the reset but here I am, wondering why and why is always at this time of year I have issues with my broadband?!?!

can anyone help at all?

8 REPLIES 8

Cardiffman282
Super solver

See https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/New-Hub-5/m-p/4964609

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Why would this happen all of a sudden when I’ve had the hub a couple of years now?

I think there has been a firmware release. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

naymo
Joining in

IMG_3411.png

As you can see the router ‘seems ok’ but I have still no internet connections on a number of devices?! 

Client62
Legend

A Hub 5 with Wi-Fi encryption mode WPA3-SAE enabled has been problematic for many devices.

Make sure in the Hub 5 menu Wi-Fi Security mode is set to : WPA2-PSK  only for best compatibility.

naymo
Joining in

So after another day of no internet I rang customer services again. This time they reset the router from their end and we are now all back in. Why oh why couldn’t they have just done this on the first two phone calls I made the previous day??!

Client62
Legend

It will be interesting to see how long it is before you are in the same situation, the Hub 5 DHCP server failing is the common cause of kit not being able to connect when the customer has multiple devices.

The Hub 5 can be reset with a 60 second press of the reset button.  Perhaps from the Hub's menu too.
Only modem mode and a 3rd party router are the fix for a Hub 5 with a DHCP server fault.

Hi naymo

Thank you for the update.

We are very sorry this wasn't resolved sooner for you.

If you have any further questions or concerns regarding this, please pop back to us here and we will do all we can to help. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide