Menu
stupot0128
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

No internet but connected to WIFI

Getting really annoyed with the Virgin internet, my kids are trying to be home schooled via zoom and also we need to print work out for them, how are we supposed to do that when the internet is not working for at least 6 times a day at the rate of 20 minutes a time, I have factory reset the hub 3 at least 3 times in the last week and trying to get through to customer services well that's a joke in its self. They sent a engineer out a couple of weeks back but all he did was check the Wi-Fi and speed, he was just lucky that the internet was working at that time. This is getting beyond a joke, I have only been with Virgin since September and was warned about the poor customer service and the unstable internet but thought i would try it, oh I wish I had not. ABSOLUTE JOKE. They sent me a booster pack out as we were struggling for signal, we live in a 2 bedroom semi and we couldn't get a half decent signal upstairs, I added the booster to the system, we were lucky if we were getting 16mb from it.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet but connected to WIFI

start with some basic info - do you have any wired devices - if so do they drop out when the wifi does - if you nave non what does the base light do on the hub when the wifi drops

you say you reset the hub - when you do that do you then split the wifi channels and turn off smart wifi - you would be better doing that and not resetting the hub

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

Tony
0 Kudos