Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No internet at all

Hi all, URGENT help needed please...........

On Saturday I made the decision to leave Virgin broadband after a few issues over the last few months but I still have a contract until the 14th December 2020.

Since Friday my internet has not worked at all, I have a green wifi light and the router is flashing green lights?

I have reset the router, uplugged and turned back on but nothing? (multiple times)

Now the main issue I have (besides we now have no internet in the house at all) is that I have called Virgin for help on this Friday evening, Saturday evening and all day yesterday, in total we are talking 5-6 hours on hold and not once have anyone at Virgin answered the phone to me? 

I need internet in the house and really need Virgin to get this issue sorted as I am paying for a service that I am not getting and currently cannot speak to anyone at Virgin?

If anyone can help then please do reply as things are pretty desperate with this problem? Thankyou all.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet at all

Did you actually give your notice to leave? That is a 30-day period for doing that so it shoulddnt have disconnected that quickly. There might be (co-incidently) a fault in the Area - have you checked ?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows there then do call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone) use options 1,1,4,4 for thinking of leaving. Calling at 08.00 midweek -- is the best time - although people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits. Took just 20’ for me one midweek afternoon recently.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies may take longer.

A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take several days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet at all

Hi thanks for the response.

Yes the end date is the 14th December so should still be connected, strange how it no longer seems to be?

And yes, I have called 150 all weekend with no answer, I messaged the text service and had a replay stating that I should call customer services? I have also checked the service status to which all was said to be ok? And also tried the online help which all said there are no issues? All in all extremely frustrating?

I have actually had 2 calls today and VM are sending an engineer tonight to see what the issue is, on top of that another chap has called requesting I tell him exactly the issue so he can speak to the engineer before he gets to my property, fingers crossed this means we will at least have internet until the end of my contract? And I have to say fair play for him calling me to assess my problems before the engineer comes this evening too!

0 Kudos