Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No internet after installation

Afternoon,

After installing my new hub 3 (replacement for hub 2) I am unable to access the internet. All lights flashed as expected and solid white light is displayed, but yet I am unable to connect. 
I’ve logged in to the router and run diagnostics which state wifi and cables all fine, but no internet (access denied). 
Have checked all cables, restarted twice. Not sure what else to try. 
Can anyone offer some advice?

Thanks! 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet after installation

Did you get it activated ?

Activation number on 0800 953 9500 

Best time to phone is 08:00

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Mike, I’ll give the number a call now see if I can get through. 
(The installation guide stated that the activation would be automated upon plugging in to the wall...)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Further update: Just called the number, an automated message said we have been sent new kit and the internet is already activated so no need to activate. I’ve sent a text message to the number on the virgin website to try get help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Try a factory / pin hole reset using this exact method ...

DO NOT DO THIS if the password on the base of the Hub is not legible or missing.

Instructions for Hub 3

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.

With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar (I use a mobile phone SIM Slot tool) and do a pinhole reset.

Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.

DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Once a steady white and no other lights are illuminated check your system again.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Mike. Completed the factory reset as instructed - looked promising at first as the light sequence was slightly different and seemed to take longer, but unfortunately still the router is still not receiving internet. I’ve unplugged it and plugged the old one back in now, which is all working fine using the same cables. Do you think I need to wait for a technician to reply via the texting service, or should I just call them directly...? Thanks for all your advice!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If the previous Hub works it means that the new Hub hasn't been activated.

As one is activated the other is automatically de-activated.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike,

Thats interesting, reading on the forums activation problems seem to be quite common. Hopefully someone will be able to remotely activate for us but still haven’t had any response at all to the text (even an automated one). I’m going to send them another to try jog them along. 

Thanks again! : )

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Try phoning 

Activation number on 0800 953 9500 

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Tried yesterday, and after pressing 1 to confirm phone number is the one registered to the account, received an automated message saying the new kit we had been sent was automatically automated, with no opportunity to speak to anyone provided. I might try again but press 2 and see what happens...

0 Kudos