Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No internet access

Hi, I'm having an issue with our internet. We had an outage earlier today but after the router reset itself all connected devices say they have no internet access but the base light on the hub is solid white. Have tried using the messager in the virgin media app but have had few/no replies

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet access

Exactly the same issue at my end too. did you get any help? I feel the issue is with the internet provider not the router, so writing it down here.

Regards,
Ruben E Robertson
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@tommyf0794 wrote:

Hi, I'm having an issue with our internet. We had an outage earlier today but after the router reset itself all connected devices say they have no internet access but the base light on the hub is solid white. Have tried using the messager in the virgin media app but have had few/no replies

Which VM Hub are you using ?

Can you try using a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@abbietmp wrote:
Exactly the same issue at my end too. did you get any help? I feel the issue is with the internet provider not the router, so writing it down here.

Regards,
Ruben E Robertson

If you want assistance you would be better off starting your own thread.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We've got a hub 3.0.  my pc uses a ethernet connection and has the same issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow warning click Post again.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Looks like we have access again, but thanks, will keep this pinned for future. I'm guessing it's been fixed on VM end.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

OH yes, got this fixed quite fast.

Regards,
Ruben E Robertson https://mythdhr.vip/ https://mycoles.vip/
0 Kudos