cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet access while connected to wifi

Weasdasfasfas
Joining in

Recently I moved into a new house (student house) and there was a Virgin Media hub already, previous tenant payed the bills and decided to end a contract with one month left payed. As soon as this happend there is no internet access while it is still possible to connect to the wifi. In addition I tried to purchase new contract for my name but it is not possible sooner that when current contract expires. Therefore what can I do to get internet access? I am in touch with the current contract owner and we tried online chat to solve this problem but they checked the bills and said that internet access will come back soon (it didnt). Service status for this house says that it has been temporarily disabled but sometimes it says that everything is fine.

Screenshot_2023-09-07-09-33-14-294_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2023-09-08-01-08-57-425_com.android.settings.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Legend

Take care not to sign up to a VM contract that exceeds the time you intend to stay at the property.

Virgin Media contracts are typically 18 months with harsh fees for early termination of the service.

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Weasdasfasfas,

Thanks for posting this on our Community Forums, we're sorry you're having this issue with the internet at your home. 

I want to ask a few questions to get a better understanding of your situation - 

• Has the account holder of the Virgin Media account now moved out?
  • Are you now looking to open a new account in your own name?
  • You're not able to take ownership of the active account at the property presently, unfortunately. The account would need to be closed down and a new account would need to be created in your name. 

Thanks,

Megan_L