Menu
rvm29
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No internet HA1

Hi all,

Am at my wits end with lack of broadband for 5 days now. 

Is anybody else in London, HA1 area also suffering from no Internet.  Have been told by tech support that will be looked at on the 06/04, will not be looked at sooner and no idea of fault.

After 5 phone calls to tech support, Virgin media finally acknowledged there is a fault.  it's not the router, modem, or wifi issue.  Ethernet devices can't access internet, fault lies with virgin media. Tech support reading from script, not helpful.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet HA1

Known faults are usually reported here....

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
rvm29
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John. 

I tried the number, confirms there's a problem or "service improvements".  But the fix time has been 10.05 am for the last 3 days. 

Am very frustrated by the lack of details and no proper update, other than saying 10.05 am every day. 

Customer services initially wouldn't acknowledge a problem, went through the usual: service check, ask to plug laptop into Ethernet etc.   After 5th call, finally said yes there is a fault, but won't be fixed until the 6th at the earliest. 

Compensation was told, wasn't guaranteed as it covers only working days?!

Wanted to know if others in HA1 are impacted to put in a joint complaint to VM ofcom.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ignore CS they know nothing. Compensation rules are below. The timer to start can be had on the 0800 number by a key presses.

What's the ofcom joint complaint about - lack of an update on fix times on the service number over an Easter weekend?

There is no SLA on a residential service for "fixes" - you need to be on a business package for that

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
rvm29
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the details.

Ofcom complaint, this will be the 4th time in the last 3 months that I've had no bband for >3days. To date no compensation paid on any of them, have called to start timer. Figured if others are having the same issue in my local area, would be stronger to doa joint one rather than just me individually.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon rvm29,

Thanks for your post and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been suffering with a fault in the local area. How's the service looking currently?

Have you checked our Service Status Checker called our Service Status Line 0800 561 0061 for an update?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
rvm29
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi David_bn, yeah, went through status line and said service improvements were being done in the area.  Went through to tech support, they (called 4 times for updates) said it was actually an outage. 

Was fixed 7 days later.  Now virgin are saying it wasn't a total loss of service, because a different SLS ? code was used.   Despite all the calls, virgin updates, router logs saying no internet.  So, won't get compensation.  Virgin is such a joke. 

Managed to find some neighbours who are just as dissatisfied and also annoyed by the lack of comp. wrote to a joint thing to watchdog. Will see what happens.

Shame, cust serv. Used to be good, but now they're so bad

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply and update, rvm29,

Glad to hear the service was fixed. Our records show that you have since been in touch with the team regarding compensation which was now been resolved. 

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
rvm29
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey_C,

Unfortunately not yet re. Compensation.  My last bill,after the outage did not have any compensation.  I called CS several times and was promised some credit for the inconvenience caused, not the compensation I was expecting despite the promises.  This may come in my next bill.  I will wait and see. 

Do you have an email contact I can use to send proof of the outage, all my calls are recorded, router logs etc. Inc. similar from neighbours ? Just in case the credit isn't sent and we need to continue pursuing compensation.

Lastly, why can't you just pay it into my account directly rather than credit? You take the money easy enough.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi @rvm29

Our compensation for the outage is ran via our OFCOM Auto Compensation scheme, you can read more on this here https://virg.in/autocomp. The compensation you are liable for would also be paid as credit which would be knocked off of your next bill. 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos