Menu
molesjonathan
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No ethernet connection on hub 3

I had to unplug my hub 3 at the weekend and although wi-fi came back on when I turned it back on I noticed yesterday that none of the ethernet connected devices were able to connect. The lights flash at both ends of the cables, but the router doesn't show any ethernet connected devices and the devices say could not connect to network. I tried calling VM, but couldn't get to speak to a real person and all options seemed to just offer to restart the router. Any help or advice appreciated.

(My wife and I won't be able to work whilst this issue is ongoing as my study gets no wi-fi and relies on ethernet connection. We'd used the dining room earlier, but won't be able to do that going forward as our preschool twins will be at home.)

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No ethernet connection on hub 3

Might be worth a 'pin-hole reset' of the hub.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
molesjonathan
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi lotharmat,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried that, but it made no difference.

Does anyone know how you can speak to an adviser when calling VM?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello molesjonathan

Really sorry to hear of the broadband issues and problems with your Hub and the wired connection, it's very strange but we appreciate you raising this with us via the forums.

It's been a few days since your post so we're just checking to see you're still experiencing the issue? If so, we're happy to help further. One test you can try is to take all of the ethernet cables out of the back of the Hub, take a single ethernet cable and connect one end into a port on the back of the hub and the other end into another port on the Hub. If everything is okay this should flash on both ports.

Please let us know how you get on.

Rob

0 Kudos