Menu
g0akc
Knows their stuff
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: No customer service

@Kobi1 wrote:

I spent  well over 2 hours on the phone 2 weeks ago and manged to get through. It does seem that customer services are really busy which I do understand given Covid.

But no web chat , no phone service all that is left is a chat board to moan on . Its really frustrating.

For what it's worth I totally agree - and Covid 19 is still being used as an excuse for not having enough call centres/staff online to help - coming up to a year after the issue started in the UK - I read somewhere that the latest issue is there's a problem with the phone system VM having been planning to use to connect to their home workers - which is bad for a communications company!

One recourse is to raise a complaint on the VM website under 'Contact Us' - but IME that  is not working very well either - eventually it should reach 'deadlock'  when you can then raise a case with CISAS - which itself very slow - set out what you want and wait, but keep calling to press it home - it will take months - I have a case ongoing since last June!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
Kobi1
Tuning in
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I get that Gary but.......... under retail law  if I am promised something that encourages me to enter into a new agreement that is not even in stock at the time of purchase then I think I have recourse under retail law. I confirmed that the equipment had been ordered during the call.

I understand that you are well versed in the T & C's but retail law also provided routes to recourse.

I was also given assurances that if the pods did not resolve the issue then I would be free to leave. They never arrived thus the issue is not resolved. 

The unfortunate inability to speak to any customer service representative for a number of days now has not helped.

0 Kudos
Kobi1
Tuning in
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your reply. 

I hope it doesn't come to that as all I want is a half decent wifi connection paying over £1000 a year should give you that , even though apparently we dont pay for wifi we pay for wired connection.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Then just put the hub into Modem Mode and get your own equipment and be done with it.

Also what package are you on as the Pods are only free on the Gig1 and Ultimate Oomph bundles, otherwise they are £5 per month.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi