cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection upstairs

Hmorgans89
Tuning in

I've just moved into a house that's identical to my old house where I had BT broadband which reached every room no issue. On installation the Virgin media guy said it didn't matter where the router is placed as I have a small house but it seems the signal cannot make it upstairs! I don't think I should cover the cost of adding boosters to each room, given the issue seems to be weak signal from the router? Has virgin remedied this for anyone else? It's also impossible to contact customer services, does anyone else find this? 

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
What would you like VM to do? Would you like free pods from VM that might fix wifi problem?
---------------------------------------------------------------

Yes that would be great 

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Hmorgans89

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of any WiFi signal issues. Depending on the package you're on, we do supply Pods free of charge, otherwise it's £5 a month. I've had a check on the system and there's no outages/issues causing this and also all levels are fine.

Please download the Connect App - https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/connect-app - if you have a smartphone. When installed, you'll be able to do a WiFi scan in the property that should help with the signal, as it'll optimise it where it can do, and if a Pod is needed, you'll be prompted to order.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hello, did the scan and confirmed pod is needed. I don't believe this is part of my package, could you confirm? If not I will be cancelling my contract as within the cooling off period. Thanks 

Hi there @Hmorgans89

Thank you for popping back to us and for using the connect app and I'm so sorry to hear that the Pod's have been identified as needed.

I'd be happy to look into your package with you but I'll pop you a PM so we can do so there. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.