Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No connection in Cambridge

I would like to find out about any issues people are having in the Cambridge area with Virgin.  I work from home but my broadband has been down all day.  Luckily we have a back up network but the speed is very low.  I have booked an engineer, who is coming out on Saturday.  Between then and now I some very urgent work which needs doing.  Virgin - this is not good enough.  I would like to know when things are going to be sorted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No connection in Cambridge

Presumably by Saturday when the engineer attends.

I’m not sure what more you want them to add at this stage?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have you checked?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage", there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers 1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows then the engineer will sort it. Note that if there is still a "known problem" that engineer visits are auto-cancelled until it is fixed (makes sense really).

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It has been down in Cambridge for hours. Status says fix by 15:00 but it is past that. This has been happening a lot recently. Time to change provider

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The times quoted as estimated fix times, not firm-set ones

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos