Menu
Lukegrant11
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

No connection from fibre

Hi I recently moved home into a new flat that said I could have fibre, theres a fibre connection here, great. Plugged in the hub 3 from previous home connected it up but I have no internet. It should have activated yesterday, I have nothing. I think the cable in the flat is a bit old and could do with an engineer coming to install a plug on the wall, it's either that or as the flat is a house converted into a flat its registered at my neighbours not mine. Ive had a look at the hub using 192.168.0.1 to login but saying it its updating and cant progress further to check to see if it is actually updating or just waiting for inet.Cant call as I have poor signal from ee and cant find a way to chat to virgin via online messenger. Please help

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: No connection from fibre

@Lukegrant11 wrote:

Hi I recently moved home into a new flat that said I could have fibre, theres a fibre connection here, great. Plugged in the hub 3 from previous home connected it up but I have no internet. It should have activated yesterday, I have nothing. I think the cable in the flat is a bit old and could do with an engineer coming to install a plug on the wall, it's either that or as the flat is a house converted into a flat its registered at my neighbours not mine. Ive had a look at the hub using 192.168.0.1 to login but saying it its updating and cant progress further to check to see if it is actually updating or just waiting for inet.Cant call as I have poor signal from ee and cant find a way to chat to virgin via online messenger. Please help

No way to chat with VM via online messenger I'm afraid - if you are unable to contact VM by phone then your best bet is to wait around here for a few days until the forum staff pick it up - you might want to try a 60 second pinhole reset on the hub - just to see if that kicks it into life, but it sounds like some sort of activation issue with the address and the hub you have..

0 Kudos