Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No confirmation email for broadband order, no account details

Hi there, my son placed an order, he's received the hub and all appears to be working but he hasn't received a confirmation email with his account number. The DD is set up but he's at the end of his tether after making 3 separate calls to customer services on 0345 454 1111. Each time the line gets cut off after an hour. He's also tried the text message number, but it's a bot and just goes around in circles as there isn't a category that fits this problem to highlight. Very frustrating, can anyone help or point me in the right direction to get assistance please? 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No confirmation email for broadband order, no account details

@PDawn wrote:

Hi there, my son placed an order, he's received the hub and all appears to be working but he hasn't received a confirmation email with his account number. The DD is set up but he's at the end of his tether after making 3 separate calls to customer services on 0345 454 1111. Each time the line gets cut off after an hour. He's also tried the text message number, but it's a bot and just goes around in circles as there isn't a category that fits this problem to highlight. Very frustrating, can anyone help or point me in the right direction to get assistance please? 

The account number is the DD reference minus the last 3 digits 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I'll suggest he gives that a go, but apparently he still needs the area reference number and preferably the confirmation email! 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@PDawn wrote:

Thanks, I'll suggest he gives that a go, but apparently he still needs the area reference number and preferably the confirmation email! 

To setup his online account?

Try these: https://xtrium.com/virgin-media-area-reference/

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, to set up account but postcode isn't listed. Thanks, nice try.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So, still no confirmation email, but I guess that won't happen now he's received the hub. What he needs to confirm is his account number and area reference code. If his account number is the DD reference minus the last 3 digits, what is the area code for BS7 - anyone? Virgin Customer Service are uncontactable by phone and although the bot thingy seems a good idea, no-one has called as promised. 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@PDawn wrote:

So, still no confirmation email, but I guess that won't happen now he's received the hub. What he needs to confirm is his account number and area reference code. If his account number is the DD reference minus the last 3 digits, what is the area code for BS7 - anyone? Virgin Customer Service are uncontactable by phone and although the bot thingy seems a good idea, no-one has called as promised. 

You’ll be waiting at least a week before a forum rep replies on here. Plus you’re not the account holder so they won’t be able to provide you with any account details. 

Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@gary_dexter wrote:

@PDawn wrote:

You’ll be waiting at least a week before a forum rep replies on here. Plus you’re not the account holder so they won’t be able to provide you with any account details. 

Yep, I am aware of the latter @gary_dexter but they could ring him to get those details. Thanks for the reply, very helpful 😁

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@PDawn wrote:

@gary_dexter wrote:

@PDawn wrote:

Yep, I am aware of the latter @gary_dexter but they could ring him to get those details. Thanks for the reply, very helpful 😁

The forum team won’t make calls from here either.

He needs to call it in himself. 

0 Kudos