Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 11 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: No broadband service

It may seem that way to you however I am not.  I have tried 3 different browsers and each time I have put it in the top line of the browser not the search area.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 12 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Can you try a different cable between your device and the Hub ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 13 of 26
Flag for a moderator

No change. I’m obviously no expert but surely The problem isn’t between the hub and the computer as the WiFi isn’t working either 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 14 of 26
Flag for a moderator

What Hub are you using and what are the status of the lights on the Hub - colour / steady / flashing ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 15 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Just noticed, the image you have posted is a VM warning and I can't understand how that can come up without a connection to the Hub.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 16 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 green and flashing. Have rebooted and reset over the course of past few hours 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 17 of 26
Flag for a moderator

That is what came up when I typed in the 192 etc. Not the options you gave me. I used my phone to get that as the pc pictures weren’t loading but easentiallt got the same message not “log in” or “check router status” as you suggested I should opt for. Not on the phone. Not on the pc. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 18 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Which lights are green and flashing ?

Have a look on this page to see if it helps ...

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-no-wifi-connection

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 19 of 26
Flag for a moderator

All that has done is confirmed that the internet light is on - steady green. And that the WiFi isn’t working. Which I know.  But the cables are fine and this all follows on from a period where the service was down in my area according to virgin. Then they told me it was back on and indeed came back on momentarily and then went off. And then came on momentarily and then went off again and has stayed off. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 20 of 26
Flag for a moderator

All I can suggest now is to unplug the Hub power overnight then power it back up in the morning. If that doesn't work phone in to the call centre - the earlier  after 8am the better.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos