Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

No broadband service

38 hours ago the internet stopped working. Virgin acknowledged a problem in area. Later sent a text saying it was fixed but mine wasn’t working. Telephone message said problem was taking longer than they expected. 1.5 hour later ago I was told it would be back on 15 minutes from then. Still not on . Miraculously after the third tweet in two days virgin media gave me the suggestion to come here for help. I’m 2 days behind in work so hopefully I will get an answer here. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No broadband service

HI Zimmro,

Sorry to see you are having connection issues.

Have you tried the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061?  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

The Check service option at the top of this page may also show if the fault is still open and an estimated timescale. You can also run tests from that link.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Yes I did.  And it directly conflicted with what a human advised me. Very helpful. Not. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried rebooting the Hub ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Yes thanks. I have been down the road with broadband outages with virgin several times this calendar year already. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow warning click Post again.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Don’t quite understand as it’s not working so the options you suggest arent there. Image attached is all I get. 

F396C10F-7DB7-4D92-852D-E8364BBF06CC.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

You don't need internet access to get to the Hub status page.

Just follow the instructions above.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I have. It gives me a mesage saying “connection problem”and a big red circle saying click me 

hence me saying that it didn’t give me the options you suggested. For some reason the image I am trying to upload here is showing blank 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

It sounds like you are typing the 192.168.0.1 into a search engine search bar and not into the URL bar.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos