Menu
melkshum
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No broadband for three weeks and counting...

Three weeks ago, my Virgin broadband died. 

Since then, I have called Virgin about 15 times. Every time I am given the same story, it's a SNR issue affecting my area and it will be fixed in the next three days or so. This time varies, sometimes it's even due to be fixed the same day, but it is never fixed. But what doesn't vary is that the deadline has consistently been missed so far. I have an active complaint with Virgin but the person I spoke to cannot do anything until the problem is resolved and gave me yet another date which is likely to be missed. The compensation I have been promised is of little use. I need broadband to work.

An engineer came to the house, and refused to look at anything because of this area issue, which is a P3. Sometimes I am told the issue is being looked at, but weeks later there is still no fix. Once I was told it was escalated to the networks team, that was over 10 days ago. The second time I booked an engineer, they refused to come to my house because of the area issue.

I spoke to my neighbour and he has Virgin and has had no problem at all. Everything is fine. In particularly lucid moments, the support staff tell me the area SNR issue should only result in intermittent broadband failure. I tell them each time I have no broadband at all. Nothing.

I've been a loyal customer since the Telewest days. I even worked for Telewest AND Virgin media as a technology manager. Right now it's hard for me to think about anything related to the Virgin brand without feeling angry and depressed,

Meanwhile, work is a complete pain as both myself and my partner work from home over flaky 4G connections.

Shame on you and the way you treat your customers, Virgin Media.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No broadband for three weeks and counting...

Hi melkshum,

Welcome to the Community Forums, thanks for taking the time to post here.

I am very sorry to hear you've been affected by a network outage for some time now and this has affected working from home. I am unsure as to how you have been able to arrange engineer visits whilst an outage is ongoing in the area, however if there is an issue being worked on in the area, there won't be any need for the team to come and check your individual connection.

SNR issues can be extremely complex in some cases, and usually take longer than other faults to resolve due to their nature. Whilst I can completely appreciate your frustration with how long the issue has been going on for, sadly there won't be much the team can do to speed up the fix of the issue and can only advise the estimated fix date provided to us from the Network Team. A P3 fault would mean that a relatively small number of customers in the area are affected and so sadly this can mean that the fault can take a little longer to fix.

Do you perhaps have the ticket reference for the fault so I can check for updates for you? If not I can take your complaint number?

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
melkshum
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for answering Beth, and also the explanation is probably the best I have had so far. The complaints team are due to contact me this evening for an update so I will get a reference then as I don't have one currently.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Melkshum,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with the area outage looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration and I appreciate having a good broadband connection is intrinsic for home working (and sanity if we're all in a lockdown!) I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I can't seem to find any information about your services on your forum profile, so instead of waiting for the complaints team to contact you, I'm going to send you a PM so we can chat further about locating your account and having a look at this area outage. 

Speak to you soon,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
melkshum
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Megan, I haven't seen the PM yet so I'll send you one, I managed to get the complaint details and can send you my customer numbers etc. Broadband is still down despite both neighbours' Virgin Media broadband working.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Melkshum,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, I am sorry you're having this issue with your broadband services recently. 
I had a look at your services on my side and I found that there is an area outage, which is regarding an SNR issue. 
As I mentioned in our PM, this is due to be fixed  - 7th May 2021 - but please be aware this is just an estimate, it could change depending on what the engineers find. However, I am sure they will be working incredibly hard to get this fixed as soon as possible for you.
Thanks, 
Megan_L

0 Kudos