Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No broadband connection

Wow..i thought battling cancer was tough but its nothing compared to trying virgin media to helpmsort out a service im actually paying for..so ive now been directed here by the Virgin Twitter team for help. Our broadband is constantly dropping and it's getting worse by the day. One minute the laptop is connected and the next its not and it just wont reconnect even if u turn the hub off and on and the pc is literally next to the hub...then the tvs wont connect..its a contunual battle to the point where our password is engraianed on my brain..surely this isnt the real service behind the facade of the amazing adverts

Super fast broadband...how about continually conking out broadband which is several impacting our ability to work and fumction

You would think it would be an option to get an engineer to come and look at rhe problem...i think seeing a unicorn in the park will be easier

Can anyone pls help me or do you have to just cancel.and go elsewhere 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: No broadband connection

What’s dropping exactly? Wired or wireless connections?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Wireless

The lap.top

Mobiles

Tv

One minute ure connected

The next minute ure dropped and cant get back on

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Do wired connections also drop?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Havent got a wire soz

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Difficult to troubleshoot then.

Post the network, upstream and downstream logs from the hubs admin pages 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Spoiler
Sorry i have no idea what your reply means

Im.just an average Joe customer with cancer trying to resolve a problem that im paying for which Virgin appear to have no desire to help a vulnerable customer with

Why cant i speak to a human or get an engineer to come and look

Its 2020 afterall
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Im.just an average Joe customer with cancer trying to resolve a problem that im paying for which Virgin appear to have no desire to help a vulnerable customer with

Its 2020 afterall

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@JonathanDay wrote:

Its 2020 afterall

We need to establish where the issue lies. If it’s just Wi-Fi there’s little can be done as Virgin do not support Wi-Fi not guarantee it’s speed or connectivity - hence the reason to ask for the logs.

Go to 192.168.0.1 in a browser and then post back the network, upstream and downstream logs as text. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi JonathanDay, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm really sorry you're having these issues, I can appreciate you're keen to get this sorted. 

I've also been able to see that you posted on Twitter so I can see the whole conversation and issues you're having at the moment and I would like to apologise that we were unable to assist you further from there. 

I have tried to look into your account from here using the email provided but I've been unable to locate it. I am keen to get this issue looked into further tonight so I'm going to send you a personal message and grab some details if that's okay? 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos