Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No Wifi Connection - Green Flash

Hi there,

I've just had our Virgin Media wifi hub delivered today, but unfortunately due to a fault with the interior/exterior wall socket (from a previous owner) and I am unable to connect it.

Interior
The cables supplied with the hub don't match this wall socket so I cannot connect with your cables provided.... I asked one of your employees Jess last week if I could connect to this which she confirmed. It doesn't say Virgin anywhere on this and sadly, which I understand is an easy mistake to make, the cables provided do not fit properly. We used an older cable left with the flat which seems to fit the connection into the hub but after an hour, theres still no connection to the fibre service (flashing green). I disconnected this, and the hub is still flashing green meaning nothing was coming through (I imagine?)

IMG_3738.jpg

Exterior

It said on your site when making the order that we won't need an engineer hence the Quick Start but we desperately do, I went down to try and find the exterior wall socket but it seems to be badly damaged... 

IMG_3772.jpg

How can I get in touch to book an appointment with an engineer? We are working from home and very much need to get connected asap. Unfortunately I'd rather avoid paying for this service, as we checked with your employee and was given the green light to go forward without needing an engineer, it seems unfair to have to pay for the engineer service.

I hope the photos help, please get back to me asap, thanks very much.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No Wifi Connection - Green Flash

Please PM me your account number and postcode and I will have a look into it for you.

Zoe

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Wifi Connection - Green Flash

Hey Zoe, I've seen you've read my PM about an hour ago but haven't heard anything back.

0 Kudos