cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No WiFi upstairs

Fayjoe1
Tuning in

My wifi doesn’t work upstairs in my house for phone and iPad. But Xbox works. It’s seems to be worse in one particular room. What can I do? Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Use the VM connect app and if it shows a wifi blackspot you can order wifi pods via the app.  However I believe these are out of stock at the moment.

Or you could invest in your own decent Mesh system for wifi, something like the Deco M5 range.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Use the VM connect app and if it shows a wifi blackspot you can order wifi pods via the app.  However I believe these are out of stock at the moment.

Or you could invest in your own decent Mesh system for wifi, something like the Deco M5 range.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you will look now

Hi @Fayjoe1

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

How did you get on with using our connect app?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi I used the app in every room but even when I can see on my phone I only have one bar of WiFi (and it went to 4G so no WiFi) the app still says it’s great! Tried calling virgin but couldn’t get through. Any other suggestions please? There is definitely no WiFi I one room and the rest of upstairs is intermittent. Thanks 

Hi @Fayjoe1

How is the connection via ethernet - do you experience intermittent connection via this way?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sorry I am not very good with this type of thing, how would I check this? Thank you

Connect a compatible device by Ethernet cable to the hub 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

I have a similar problem. Much as I would love to follow your advice and use VM Connect, it appears that it has stopped working earlier this month and Virdin Media seem to be in no rush to do anything about it, other than to block downloads. Any other suggestions would be welcome. Thanks, Jim.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums. Have you tried removing then re-installing the app. What error message are you getting?  For your wifi issues you are welcome to try our wifi pods here: https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/intelligent-wifi-pods-new

Cheers,

Corey C