Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No WiFi, how do I cancel?

My WiFi drops and disconnects several times a day every day. I've run all of the tests, checked the equipment and followed advice on the website but nothing works.

I at least want a discount for not getting the product I'm paying for. I can't get through to anyone on the phone or via any other method to discuss my options.

I want to cancel but I don't know if I'll be charged for switching providers because I'm still under contract. 

Has anyone got any advice on how to speak to someone about this? 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No WiFi, how do I cancel?

Call it in -- 08.00 midweek, is the best time - although people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits. Go to “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-4 "Thinking of leaving" when you should get through to the people who can help you cancel.

Be aware though you will pay a substantial early cancellation fee. Also note that VM (and all other BB suppliers) do NOT guarantee wifi connections - its only speeds to the Hub that are "guaranteed", and testing on wifi is not recogised as an option - too many variables - so you need to test it on ethernet cable connections.

If you want help diagnosing and fixing your wifi issues from folks on here - post up more specific details here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No WiFi, how do I cancel?

You don’t pay for WiFi speeds and connectivity.

Only wired speeds and speeds to the hub are. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos