Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No WiFi for 24 hours

I have gone through all the steps online both on my own and over the phone with the person who signed me up to the service, I have had no WiFi for over 24 hours and I cannot get through to book an engineer. We believe there is an issue with the line. What do I do

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: No WiFi for 24 hours

Are you saying that you have just got VM BB installed and it isn't working? If so... chances are.. it hasn't been activated - did you call in to do that - or did the install Tech do that?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

When speaking to VM don’t say it’s ‘no WiFi’ say it’s not broadband’. Just referring to it as WiFi can cause no end of misunderstandings.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

There is currently mass outage that is effecting multiple areas. The outage started on 17th April and the repair ETA is 24th April 9am. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

really whats your source? any fault number?

No problems where I've been using VM

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I called VM today because my broadband has been out since Friday 6pm, the kind representative told me that there is mass outage that started on April 17th around 5pm and the fix ETA is April 24th 9am. She told me the ETA is long and is affecting multiple areas due to an issue with a wire underground and it's going to take them some time to figure where exactly the issue is on that wire. She told me the outage is effecting multiple areas but should not cause complete outage like I have but instead should cause slow broadband and intermittent connection loss. I also phone a family member who lives about ~70 miles from me and they got a message with pretty much same story but their broadband is fine but they get intermittent connection loss. The representative also told me that people effected by the outage will have a reduction on the next bill so at least that's a positive.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

can you get the fault number for that without a fault number you won't be able to track anything or get any discounts

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

She didn't provide a fault number she told me that she will send me an email regarding the outage and that she will sigh me up for text messages that will provide updates regarding the outage. I still haven't received anything, if the email contains the fault number, I will post it when I get it. She told me that the reduction will be automatic, she didn't mention anything about a fault number, I don't plan to call again unless I don't get the email because I spent 3 hours in a queue to get connected last time I talked to her, most likely due to the coronovirus.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

There is NO mass outage - otherwise these fora would have lit up with messages of complaint - they haven,t.
You are being misinformed - not unusual for VM CS.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sounds more like they just wanted to get you off the phone.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos