Menu
HelenEd
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

No WiFi connection on PS4 and android phone

My son has not been able to connect his devices since a surge of power cuts 4 days ago. Every other device in the house has connected with no problem. We have tried soft and hard reboot. We have turned off wifi and restarted after a minute. I am not sure what else to try. He has a Sony PS4 and a hauwei Honor 10 lite phone. 

0 Kudos
mjpartyboy
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: No WiFi connection on PS4 and android phone

If it's an original PS4, these don't support 5 GHz Wi-Fi, so my suspicion is Smart Wi-Fi is enabled on your Super Hub and this is causing the PS4 connection issues.

If it is an original PS4, you'll need to disable the Super Hub's Smart Wi-Fi, then make sure the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands have a different SSID and connect the PS4 to the 2.4 GHz network.

SH2 modem mode | AC86U router | AC68U node
0 Kudos
HelenEd
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. It was fine until we had the power cut. I will look into what you suggest. 

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi @HelenEd,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am sorry to hear of these issues you've had with particular devices connecting to the router's wireless/Wi-Fi connection. Are these connection problems ongoing today? If so, can you confirm what diagnostics and troubleshooting you've performed thus far?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
HelenEd
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zach

so far, we have reset PS4 to see if we can reconnect but it was unsuccessful. We cannot find our WiFi. We have robooted the WiFi, all our other devices iPhones, iPads laptops connect bit the PS4 and android phone still will not find WiFi, although can find neighbours WiFi down the street.  I’m not technically savvy so do not understand why since 4 power outages one after the other for seconds at a time can affect these 2 devices. I am looking for a simple solution. Any help welcome. 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi HelenEd,

Thanks for letting us know what checks you've been through so far.

As your other devices are able to connect this does sound like more of a device issue rather than a service issue, however I'd like to take a closer look at things to rule out any issues from our side.

I've not been able to find any details from you, so I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
mjpartyboy
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I've checked the specs of the Honor 10 Lite and the UK version of this phone doesn't support 5 GHz Wi-Fi (AC) either, same as the original PS4, so I still suspect that Smart Wi-Fi is now enabled, following the Super Hub powering back on after the power cut. This would explain why both of these devices can't see your network now. So, you'll have to disable Smart Wi-Fi and run separate 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands and then connect the PS4 and Honor 10 Lite to the 2.4 GHz network.
HelenEd
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. That sounds like the problem, so grateful for you looking at this issue for me. Please advise me exactly how I do this. An idiots guide would be helpful. 

0 Kudos
mjpartyboy
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately, I use a Super Hub 2 in modem mode and my own router, so I'm not familiar with my way around the Super Hubs' configuration pages. I assume you've got a Super Hub 3, so this would be a good place to start:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-configure-advanced-settings-on-your-hub

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for providing those details over private message HelenEd,

I've been able to take a closer look at your connection and while there's no major issues showing your hub stats are just on the threshold. 

If you can please let me know if you've had a look at the advice from mjpartyboy and let me know if there has been any change?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos