Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No WiFi and hub not responding

Don't know what to do. 2 days ago we started redecorating the livingroom and we moved the hub till we got out everything. I plugged it back in after but now the WiFi sign is green and the power light is flashing green. It keeps asking me to sign into it but when I try it's just a white page. I tried troubleshooting and reset and connect to it via the app but still nothing.... The back where the white cable connect to the metal bit is moving around but it did it before as well (I had this hub for several years but on a fix spot). I have tried connecting my old hub (superhub1) but that does not work....I have to work from home....  I don't know what is the problem.....please help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No WiFi and hub not responding

If you've reset it and it still won't work, and the coaxial connections are all good, there's nothing else you can do.  If the back plate is moving it suggests that the hub may be bust, and since VM have to provide you with a hub as part of the service contract, it's the company's problem to sort it.  I'll flag this for the forum staff to take a look and advise on next steps.  That won't be instant, but hopefully you'll get a response today.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you soooo much for that. I have been trying to message virgin but no luck (I constantly unable to log back to that messaging place on the site on my phone)...thankfully I managed to book an engineer visit and I really hope they can fix it. Mobile net is just not suitable to work on... I'm just worried as even my old hub did not work and I thought if I plug that in, if there is a issue with the hub that should be ok. Thank you for your help and such quick response ❣️

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VM will only ever have on active hub on your connection, and (in the vast majority of cases) they won't activate a hub that has been "retired", so when the technician comes, send the old hub back with him, if he doesn't want it then throw it out or have it recycled as you see fit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Noradekany and welcome to our community.

It looks like you may have been in touch since your post.

How did this go?

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

Thanks a lot for asking,

An engineer came out and fixed the issue. He was brill 😉

All good now and back on WiFi thankfully.

Regards

Nora

0 Kudos