cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Wi-Fi on router

wacoe
Tuning in

Hi wonder if anyone can help as I am pulling my hair out. My old router randomly looses all wi-if both on 2g and 5g connections. Multiple reboots and resets do nothing so I spend about an hour with online chat asking me to reboot the router. Sometimes after roughly 30 reboots it may start working for a week but then back to no wi-fi. Nothing connects to it as an error on my android phone says “ ip configuration failure “. I just can’t get anyone to get an engineer round to look at it. Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_1736.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You need a new hub. That one is is several hub generations old.

I have had one the same in the past and a common feature was the wi-fi SSID randomly disappearing.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You need a new hub. That one is is several hub generations old.

I have had one the same in the past and a common feature was the wi-fi SSID randomly disappearing.

Cheers for the reply, trouble is when I chat with a person online they say all is ok and will not book an engineer. It’s been going on for months and now the wife if getting annoyed. What is the best way to bet another router?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Wait for the VM forum team to reply on here.

They should (may/possibly might) offer to replace it for you or send a tech.

Hard to see in your photo but if the 'tick' light and the 'up/down arrow' light are showing green (rather than blue) I think that signifies a downgraded connection at a lower speed (if I remember correctly from when I had one).

One of the VM forum team should reply within a few days.

Cardiffman282
Super solver

As per goslow. 

I reckon that's a Super Hub 2ac from around 2015. https://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/networking-and-wi-fi/modem-routers/virgin-media-super-hub-2... 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

wacoe
Tuning in

Yes I have had the router for ages, always performed well until a few months ago. 

Oh ok thanks for the reply, I’ll just wait a while to see if vm reply’s. I just seem to go round in circles on the chat thing. The “tick” and the up/down arrows are both blue.

Client62
Legend

Sometimes it is easer to turn the Hub off, then call Customer Support and report it has totally failed.

Black / White faults fit their script.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

VM is replacing these old hubs anyway as yours cannot support a phone plugged into it. The agent was just being foolish.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi there @wacoe 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you back. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are facing issues with your Hub and a big thank you to our team for taking a look, I'll be happy to advise further on this for you via a private message.

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.