cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Wi-Fi connection for over a week

Ch4r2001
Joining in

We’ve had absolutely no Wi-Fi connection now for a week. Done all restart advice available online, done all checks necessary and no change. When I call the helpline all I get is ‘we’re sorry you’re still experiencing issues’ and no help at all. Area check says there is a problem in the area? We are now running up extra data bills as we cannot use the Wi-Fi at all. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you use Ethernet cabled connections?

That will identify whether you have a broadband problem, or just a wireless one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you use Ethernet cabled connections?

That will identify whether you have a broadband problem, or just a wireless one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi,

We have an Ethernet connection, everything is connected perfectly. I should the Wi-Fi is on, but we have no internet connection. I have signed up for the area updates via text but haven’t received anything. Do you know if there is a technician support or something I can get? I just can’t find anything online.

thanks!

Hi Ch4r2001,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community ands welcome, sorry to hear you were facing issues with WiFi and not getting a connection, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and can see there is currently an SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) fault in your area, You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

This is an intermittent issue and shouldn't stop all together, I can see some devices are showing as connected, do you currently have a connection?

Regards

Paul.