cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No WIFI calling option in MIUI 13?

j4nd3r53n
Tuning in

I have a Xiaomi M2011K2G phone with MIUI 13 and from all I can find by searching online, I should be able to find an option to enable or disable it in Settings -> SIM cards & mobile networks -> [SIM card]; but it isn't there.

Elsewhere I see suggestions that this option is only available if you have a monthly subscription - which I do.

I want to disable WIFI calling, because there are reports that receiving SMS only works with that disabled, and I hardly ever use my phone to make calls any way.

So, how can I disable WIFI calls, so I can get my SMS to work?

4 REPLIES 4

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey j4nd3r53n, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to see you are struggling to disabled WIFI calling.

You should be able to turn it off by going to press settings. Press SIM cards & mobile networks. Press the required SIM. Press the indicator next to "Make calls using Wi-Fi" to turn the function on or off.

If it doesn't give you this option is there way you can manually search it? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matthew - thank you for replying. No, unfortunately there is no such option. From what I've found elsewhere on Virgin Media, this may happen if I use a PAYG SIM - I don't, but perhaps Virgin's system thinks I do?

Thanks for coming back to us @j4nd3r53n.

I'd be happy to assist you further on this request, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for working with me via our private messaging function @j4nd3r53n and I'm pleased we were able to have this one resolved for you.

Do please feel free to come back to the thread if this issue resurfaces, or utilise other areas of the Forum if alternative issues arise.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn