Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No TV for 11 days now no internet

So I am now day 11 with no TV, there were engineers in my street today and since they have left I have had no Internet! Cannot get through on the phone was on hold for an hour then was disconnected. I am working from home and need my Internet! My HUB3 box is just flashing green and I have no TV channels.....considering leaving virgin they cannot expect me to pay for this kind of service.

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No TV for 11 days now no internet

What is showing on the service status page?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey, it's basically saying there has been an issue and will be sorted next day....but thats been ongoing for 11 days now. And it is saying my broadband is fine, but its not.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Aimbo1986

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you've had some issues with your TV service since there was an area issue. 

I have located your account from here to go through some checks and can see that you had a technician visit a couple of days after your post - I do hope things are looking better for you since the visit? 

I can see that it's been around 10 days since the TV box was last rebooted - some of the signal levels are a bit out of scope that we would like; are you still having a total loss of service at home after a reboot? 

Keep us posted and we can check again once a reboot has been done

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Yeah all back and working now, I went 13 days with no TV and 6 days with no broadband. Missed 2 days work because no Internet (working from home) I have emailed virginmedia complaining but they have not even had a decency to reply! However they did send me my bill very swiftly!!! Will be leaving once my contract ends!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

make sure your new provider gives you a business SLA

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos