Menu
sko
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out

Receiving a number of these critical meaasages over the last few days, and the internet connection is "stuttering" as a result.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out

Hello
Thank for joining in on the forum, we will try the best to get your issue resolved.

How are you doing the speedtest is it either wired or wireless, wired is always the best option as wireless can be affected by many different things.

Can you please post your network stats from the hub
Open a Web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) and enter the address http://192.168.0.1
Note: If you have enabled Modem Mode on your Hub 3.0 you will need to use 192.168.100.1 instead.
Posting the stats by copy and paste will remove all personal information so no breaches.
Do not login but click on where it says "Check Router Stats" and then copy and post from the following 4 tabs, Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network logs (if they are pasted then all personal information is * out) and we can check your power level, also while you about that can you please go around and check that all connectors to VM equipment are hand tight. Also while doing this please check for any damage to cable, or un-terminated connection without either coax or a terminator.
Also please run "Check service status" at the top right of this forum and call 0800 561 0061 to check for local issues.
Also one think you can do is too signup at https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality and setup a broadband quality monitor which will keep an eye on you connection by sending a small amount of data to the hub asking if it still on.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
sko
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

sko_0-1623580892667.pngsko_1-1623580922805.pngsko_2-1623580952772.pngsko_3-1623580981962.png

sko_4-1623581050416.png

sko_5-1623581082816.png

sko_6-1623581114288.pngsko_7-1623581136484.png

0 Kudos
sko
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No unterminated Cables.

Checked all co-ax cables were all "tight".

No apparantly damaged cabled identified.

Loaded logs as requested.

Tony

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

You are going to need an engineer as your upstream power levels on two of the channels are right on the max.

Do you have any symptoms like slow speed ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
sko
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Slower than I am paying for.... but what's new there!! Have 50M pricing - getting about 35M at the moment I believe....

Can this info be passed to engineering to arrange a visit Please?

Tony

0 Kudos
sko
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Apologies - just realised you are no a VM (liberty Global) employee.

Can you advise which of the channels is near limit?  Assume 2 and 3, but 1 and 4 are ony 0.5 dBmV lower than 2 and3...  Just want to have best info when I call for an engineer visit....

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Downstream levels are also way too low. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi sko,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you are having connection issues , I have managed to locate your account with the details we have for you and have done some checks, there is a few errors and your levels are out of sync we will need to arrange a technician.

So I can clear security and get a technician, I will send you a invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sko,

Thanks for coming back to me and for the update, glad to hear a technician has been booked, please let us know how you get on as it is always good to know what the issue is so others can learn from this.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos