Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out

I am frequently dropping from the network. This is really annoying since I am working from home as an IT professional. I had similar problems at the end of June and the engineer visited me however I am having similar problems again.

I even dropped out while I was trying to add the evidence here

Please help me.

I am attaching upstream and downstream values and router logs to give you an idea about the problems.

Screenshot 2020-08-05 at 00.08.37.pngScreenshot 2020-08-05 at 00.08.18.pngScreenshot 2020-08-05 at 00.04.12.pngScreenshot 2020-08-05 at 00.03.58.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out

You havent said but is this happening simultaneously on ethernet connected as well as wifi connected devices?

You have only posted partial data.

There are 24 down channels
There is a table with RS error counts

One of the down channel power levels is already out of range. I would do a pinhole reset as below and then repost ALL the data.

Also if you havent already... set up a BQM here...

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

______
Note that a pinhole reset on a Hub3 can be a bit problematic - so do it (again) EXACTLY this way (not as the VM website says!).

Firstly, make sure the Hub's sticker/card with the two passwords on it is still there and legible or you will be stuffed ! If its not – DON’T DO IT !

With the Hub switched "on", disconnect any ethernet connections and then push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail/SIM tray “tool” or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that. Leave it 10' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings/admin one to access the Hub (it is a six digit numeric one).

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos