Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No Internet

Hi. I'm experiencing some problems with my internet. It disconnected all day yesterday. It came on again this morning, but only lasted 15 minutes and has now disconnected again and been off now for a few hours.

I've tried everything! Absolutely everything! I've combed through these forums all morning looking for solutions.

I've tried calling customer care twice, but after being on hold for an hour+ I gave up. And that bloody awful distorted music doesn't help, either.

How do I book an engineer? Is it a secret? You don't really give out any instructions on how to do this.

Seriously fed up now. Supposed to be working from home, but that ain't happening. Thanks, Virgin Media!

I remember when I was last with VM, the exact same thing happened. Here I am, 3 months later, and nothing's changed. All I ask for is a stable, reliable internet connection. It's not much to ask from an ISP, is it? I've cancelled my Direct Debit until this mess has been sorted.

What can i do? I need to book an engineer.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Internet

Cancelling your direct debit will lead to your account being closed and passed to a collection agency and default marker on your credit history for the next 6 years.

What does the service status page show?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The service status page says there is a problem, but just keeps going around in a loop asking me to turn it off/on, check cables, ect.

My router has green lights, but the middle one (arrows) is flashing. It's a Hub 3.0.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ignore the above. There’s no reason to file a complaint.

So have found rebooted the hub to try and force the connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've rebooted, reset, checked cables, unplugged everything for 20 mins. I don't know what else to try. It just seems impossible to talk to VM unless I want to waste a whole day on the phone. I just want to book an engineer.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You can phone or use the SMS service or wait for a forum rep to respond here.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok. thanks. Tried the text messaging service and see how that pans out.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok, this is bizarre. I try to log in to the Hub settings page and it wouldn't let me, stating that someone was already logged in. Not sure how that's possible. so I turn the router off for 10 mins, turn it back on and voila! The internet is mysteriously working and has been for nearly an hour. Fingers crossed this ins't going to go down again today.

Anyway, thank you, everyone.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

My sincere apologies for the delay, we have been a little busier than usual at the moment. 

I see you have mentioned that a reboot was able to help resolve the issue but we just wanted to check in and see how things have been since then?

Please let me know if you are experiencing any further issues with the service. 

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos