Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No Internet

I am a new broadband customer and had an engineer on site to install. He wasnt able to get connected at the time and didn't seem to know what he was doing. He advised that the service in the area was down (no service issues in my area reported) and that it would be up and running within the hour. He left after installing the equipment but after 8 hours, I still have no Internet.

I tried calling but after a total of 90mins with no answer, I hung up. I've just entered a contact but I'm not getting any service which is worrying. 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Internet

With acknowledgements to newapollo.

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the Hub / TV box you are installing. By doing this they will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

The old method (which still works) is to reboot the Hub / TV box, and if it doesn’t go online you need to phone to get your box activated. 0800 953 9500.

You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number.

You could also try contacting New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. 

That would be 150 options 1,1,1 and 4 from a Virgin landline ,

Or

0345 4541111 options 1,1, 2 and 4 from any other phone

The best time to call is 08:00 when lines first open and are least busy.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Done all the above but still no success. I managed to get through to the Tech Support yesterday morning at 8am. They told me they've reported it to IT and I would definitely get a call within 24 - 48 hours. Still no call as we approach the 48 hours. 

I get the impression that no one has a clue whats going on and they have no idea how to rectify it. Shocking service and I think ill have to cancel as there is no chance I'll be paying for a service thats not being provided  

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you get the run around Speak to Retentions on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-4 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 08:00 until 21:00 BUT calling early between 08.00-10.00  midweek is best, when you will usually get a UK call centre with staff more informed and helpful. They seem to have the power of God over other departments.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ronan_dorty2002,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you haven't got a working internet service after the install.

I have had a look at your account our and can see there is a provisioning issue, have you now been advise what is going on?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos