Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No Internet for four days - Superhub 3 hanging repeatedly

Hello all!

I have a Virgin Superhub 3 that's been working fine for months.  On Saturday, and with no changes on my part, it became unresponsive - no Ethernet or Wifi access and unable to log-in via the admin portal.  I powered the hub off and on again, and normal service resumed... for about 5 mins.  Then it hung again.  I have now power-cycled it a dozen times, and performed both a soft and hard reset.  Exactly the same behaviour - I can connect and use the hub normally for 5 - 10 mins, then it hangs again.

Anyone got any ideas?

BTW - I'm raising this issue again, since I got no response to yesterday's post.  I don't like doing this, but since I can't get through on the Customer Support number, it seems like my only chance of getting my internet back, so I can get on with some work!

Thanks!

PG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Internet for four days - Superhub 3 hanging repeatedly

Hi,
Have you managed to resolve this yet? If not I might be able to help - can you send me a personal message; hover over my name and select send message.

I will need to look at hour account.

Retro-Tech

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi I seem to have the same problem. I have hard reset a few times and works ok for a few mons but then hangs up again. Also when it works speeds seem to be around 5mbps. I phoned Virgin only to be told the tech guys are closed due to COVID19 and nothing they can do. They will send a new hub to see if this would fix the issue. I doubt its the hub but lets see. I live in Cambridge area so could be issue in the area but did a status check and all green in my area.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mosman.

I have neighbours also on Virgin and they don't have any service problem, so I don't think it's a general area service problem.  But I agree, it seems unlikely that the hub itself has suddenly developed a fault.

PG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As discussed there is an open ticket in your area, ref. F007701166.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The problem appears to be fixed.  It's not clear to me whether it just "fixed itself", or whether it was something I did that fixed it.  Just in case it was something I did, let me share the steps I took:

1. I rebooted the Hub 3 (yet again!).  As soon as I could log into the admin portal, I disconnected the coaxial cable.  Naturally, the Hub 3 reported that the internet connection was lost.  But I was able to continue to access the admin portal - the router didn't hang again.  I connected several times to the admin portal over about an hour with no problems - the hanging issue seemed to have gone away.
  2. I reconnected the coaxial cable and rebooted the Hub 3.  Internet service was restored and the Hub 3 hasn't hung since (about 4 hours ago)

As I say, I've no idea whether disconnecting the Hub 3 temporarily from the coaxial cable fixed the hanging issues I was seeing, but if you are suffering from this problem, it might be worth a go!

Thx!

PG

0 Kudos