Menu
Maziar
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No Internet for almost 2 weeks

I've not had internet for almost 2 weeks now. Uni has started and I've resorted to using my mobile data just to join the zoom calls. I just want to do my work without the fear of my data running out on me. Libraries are closed due to Covid-19 and I have no idea what I'm meant to do now. We made an appointment with an engineer to sort the issue If possible but so far they've done 2 no-shows.

Please help me.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Internet for almost 2 weeks

Is there an area issue or outage?

If so then engineers won't be sent to indiviuals addresses

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Maziar
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I don't think so. Some have their Internet while other don't.

0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Maziar wrote:

I don't think so. Some have their Internet while other don't.

Have you checked with the VM website and number?

Were the engineer visits confirmed with a text message? Confirmed on 'My Virgin Media?

I've personally had it where the call centre supposedly makes an appointment for a technician to come (confirmed on the phone) but no one shows up.

Appointments where someone will actually arrive are confirmed with a text and a follow up message to confirm no covid in the house before they arrive.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
Maziar
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I received a text message that they would show up around 8am - 12pm yet no one came. I'm not sure what I'm exactly meant to do because I can't keep booking appointments hoping that someone will show up.

0 Kudos
Maziar
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

According to a letter recieved a while ago from SCCI Alphatrack they were meant to come and install a faceplate? I'm unsure about any of it but maybe that might have an impact towards the internet going?

0 Kudos