Menu
MattBradley1969
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No Internet connection

No Internet; have Virgin broadband with Hub4, wifi working well but no internet connection; we live in Bristol. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Internet connection

Check first for for “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello @MattBradley1969,

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry for the loss of service! I have managed to locate your account using your forums details.

I can see faults on your Hub on your upstream and downstream, I have booked an engineer to come out to your property.

Please check here on your online account to check the date and time of your appointment. This was the earliest date and time I could do for you, please let me know if this is okay for you.

I hope this helps, please do keep me updated. 

Thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello @MattBradley1969,

My hyperlink did not work in my last post, sorry about that, please login here to check your appointment time. 

Look forward to your response.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MattBradley1969
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hayley,

We thought that our internet was back on properly.

But, today it was really interminent pm today. We have a HUB4 so can't run diagnostic ourselves. 

Please run diagnostic again and book another engineer if there are faults.

Many thanks

Matt Bradley

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello @MattBradley1969,

I am so sorry that it is still not working after the engineer visit.

Can you tell me exactly what he did while he was there? Also what advice he gave you as to why it was not working?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Hayley
Forum Team

0 Kudos
MattBradley1969
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Internet connection - Fixed!

Hayley,  thanks for the reply.

Mis comms and confusion on our part, sorry.

Yesterday am, we thought that the internet was OK, so we thought that we cancelled the Technician visit.  Then yesterday pm the internet wasn't very good at all. So I contacted you again yesterday evening (note in trail before your last note). 

So, it was very fortunate when your Technician (Paul 93662) turned up today at around 1000 hrs. 

Paul 93662 was polite, very patient with our dog - who wanted to adopt Paul as his new best friend, and a very able Technician. He diagnosed our issues to old and slightly neglected internal and particularly the external connections. They were inducing significant losses and other problems on our lines. He rectified all the issues and everything is now fixed. 

So, very many thanks for your and Paul93662's help. And my highest Customer Feedback ratings to you both. 

VERY MANY THANKS 😊 👍 

Matt Bradley 

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you so much @MattBradley 🙂

I will make sure this feedback is noticed for Paul also!

I am so glad that your issue has now been fixed! 

If you ever need our help again you know where we are.

Hope you have a lovely day.

Hayley
Forum Team

lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

And the moral of the story?

Never cancel an engineer visit! 😉

Glad it is all working!!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos