Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No Internet and phone line is dead

Hi,

I've been having trouble with the internet this week and this morning it has completely stopped working. The hub is flashing green and I've tried rebooting it a few times but there is no change. The phone line is completely dead too and I've checked all the cables everything is connected, don't know where the problem is 😞

Please could you help?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Internet and phone line is dead

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

If nothing is showing try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting the area. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike,

Yes, I've checked the service status too, it says there's something wrong with the connection and to check all cables are connected. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

OK, check all the cables and connections that you cane safely get to.

then

it may be a good idea to carry out a factory reset on the Hub …

DO NOT DO THIS if the password on the base of the Hub is not legible or missing.

Instructions for Hub 3

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.

With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar and do a pinhole reset.

Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.

DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Once a steady white and no other lights are illuminated check your system again.

After that.

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow warning click the Post button again.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos