Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No Internet Green power light flashing Green Internet light

Hi all will be grateful for any help here... Since this morning our internet has been down .  we have both the power and wifi lights that are solid green, and the internet light (2 arrows) are flashing green. we did a number of resets, all all the normal stuff and looked on here for what to try but nothing worked the TV is working but no I ternet at all.

Says internet (access denind) in the router itself 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Internet Green power light flashing Green Internet light

Have you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 gives the best chance of getting through quickly, although I got through recently in 20' at ~1pm midweek.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the message 

Yes have done all that too and no issues did try ring twice today first time waited 55 minutes to be cut off while still waiting second time just over a hour to speak to someone to be hung up on. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So there’s not faults reported in either the automated line or the status page?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos