cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet Connection

Roger-W
Tuning in

Hi - after a little help if possible
After being away from home for a while I find I have no internet available at my Hub 3.
TV seems to be working but the programme guide says To Be Announced for all channels.
I have followed the standard fix it instructions of power hub down, check the connections (that I can access) and re-power the Hib again.
The Base light occasionally goes white but is normally flashing Green.
The WiFi light seems to be always on and green
The Internet light seems to be always flashing Green.
Any helpful pointers as to where I go from here to resolve the problem would be much appreciated as I really need my internet back asap as I work from home and rely on a good internet service
Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Roger-W, 

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 🤩

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here 👉 My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. Please note it can take up to 24 hours to show but you should also receive a text message with the details. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

➡ The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 

➡ The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment

➡ The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

➡ The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

We will continue to monitor your services and if we can see that the fault has cleared and the visit is no longer required we will cancel the appointment and let you know by text and email.

Let us know how the appointment goes. 😊

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Check for local faults on 0800 561 0061. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

try a reboot and if that does not help a reset - should need neither but who knows - if neither work book a tech

Tony.
Sacked VIP

I'd already tried the reboot a number of times so I've just tried the reset and am getting the same results.

Time to book a tech as you suggest as the fault could well be outside the house as the internet was working when I was last at home and not working when I returned.

Thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TV guide requires an internet connection and your is not active.

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

VM will not dispatch any technicians while an area fault exists.

If no area faults found:

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Roger-W
Tuning in

Been doing a bit more checking and as the TV was working OK and is just the other side of the splitter to the hub, I put the input cable directly into the hub and it still did not work or detect the internet.

So all I can think of it is either a dead Hub or there is a problem downstream in the Cab or Servers.

Hi Roger-W, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issues in the Community.

We're sorry to hear you've been having an issue with your broadband connection recently. Taking a look at things here, I can see your downstream power levels are too low and there is a stability issue. We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Roger-W, 

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 🤩

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here 👉 My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. Please note it can take up to 24 hours to show but you should also receive a text message with the details. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

➡ The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 

➡ The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment

➡ The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

➡ The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

We will continue to monitor your services and if we can see that the fault has cleared and the visit is no longer required we will cancel the appointment and let you know by text and email.

Let us know how the appointment goes. 😊

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thank you for your help with this

I will look out for the appointment arriving

Roger

Roger-W
Tuning in

UPDATE:

Tech came this afternoon and traced the fault to my house being connected to a dead connection in the street cab.
Tech re plugged me connection to another bank and arranged a reboot and all up and running again

Problem solved

Thanks