Menu
ukmartian
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No BB

Getting no joy from VM As previous posts probs with 2.4 band recently.Today I get up nothing. .power light is on no reported issues on the status line so I switch of and unplug still no connection...all I get is incorrect password or authentication error  I can't even log into the router settings  to check or reboot as page not available ...even devices on ethernet cables are not working so it's no longer confined to WI-FI...What now except a 1 hr wait on the fault line to be told there is nothing wrong by someone a millionaire away..

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No BB

Ring CS to get you back online.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@ukmartian wrote:

Getting no joy from VM As previous posts probs with 2.4 band recently.Today I get up nothing. .power light is on no reported issues on the status line so I switch of and unplug still no connection...all I get is incorrect password or authentication error  I can't even log into the router settings  to check or reboot as page not available ...even devices on ethernet cables are not working so it's no longer confined to WI-FI...What now except a 1 hr wait on the fault line to be told there is nothing wrong by someone a millionaire away..

Have you tried a factory reset? Hold in the pinhole at the rear of the router for at least 50 seconds and then release (the lights will flash while holding in the pinhole reset button after about 10-15 seconds) then allow 5 minutes for the router to reboot and re-sync the connection.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
ukmartian
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Done a factory reset a few weeks ago as had similar probs it was ok for a while then goes wrong again...the router is quite old even the white light has turned orange..

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You probably need a new hub. Best to ring VM on or just after 8am or alternatively you can wait here for a Virgin staff member to pick it up, but this will typically be between 5-10 days, sometimes sooner, sometimes later depending on how busy they are.

If you want to wait for a Virgin staff member to pick it up, try not to bump the thread as this will throw you further down the list

Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
ukmartian
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ok just got home devices would not accept my password I finally managed to get onto the router setting and found a few problems my 5ghz band had for some reason defaulted back to the factory password, no wonder nothing would log in I don't know how and why .but all good for the moment. .thanks all for input..

0 Kudos