Menu
r-a-f
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Newly installed broadband goes down every day between 9-11 pm

Hi,

I got my broadband installed last week itself and from day one I see persistent service down between 9-11pm in the night. Although connection sometimes drops during day also but around this time in the night it’s persistent and it hardly connects during this period. I tried to call customer care but couldn’t wait it queue for longer wait time. Can someone check what’s going on? Please find details:

post code: HA1 2EX

area code: 21

Thanks,

RAF

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Newly installed broadband goes down every day between 9-11 am

What drops? Wired or wireless connections? Do the lights on the hub change?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
r-a-f
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Newly installed broadband goes down every day between 9-11 pm

Apols for not being clear. WiFi connection drops, it’s no more discoverable during this time. Yes the lights keep changing from no light to green to pinkish white and this pattern keeps repeating 

0 Kudos
r-a-f
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Still no solution to this issue. I am posting this message using my mobile data. Such a disappointment!

I finally managed to speak someone in customer care who’re now sending an engineer on this Thursday. 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @r-a-f 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your services. 

Hopefully the engineer will be able to get the issues resolved upon there visit. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
r-a-f
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

This problem hasn't been resolved in over a month, and it appears like Virginmedia engineers have no idea what's going on. Because I work from home, I have to rely on my mobile data.

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @r-a-f

Very sorry to hear that the issue is still ongoing, would you mind letting us know what checks the engineer carried out and what did they advise? Did they also state what to do if the issue occurs again? 

We can then carry out some further checks for you 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
r-a-f
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Sasha!

the engineer said the issue is because of incompatibility of the wire laid in our flat with virgin media equipment. He then said he’ll forward query to his seniors. However, after a week when I called about the status customer service told me the issue has been marked as closed!!!

just to give you some background when I purchased the deal I was told YES you can go with us as we provide service to this apartment. There was urgency then to sell the contract but now I feel let down and frustrated as I can’t rely on this service. I might have to change the provider

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Right I see, so just some more information, did the engineer state that this wiring could be fix and this would sort the issue out? As it's been closed have our team advised anything else at all or stated that this is something they can look into? 

Sorry just want to make sure we  have all the information to look into this further for you 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
r-a-f
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes, the engineer said it’ll get fixed if the cable issue is resolved. 

there was no follow-up from Virginmedia team. I did phone again later to reopen the issue but that systems were down 

0 Kudos