Menu
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 11 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: New super hub 3 no printer connection

Does the printer support WPS?
Pressing the WPS button on the printer and then the WPS on the Hub within two minutes would be the easiest way to connect.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 12 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I'll try that. I've tried just about everything else. Spoke to virgin today and the tech guy said if I paid them £50 they would fix it, but that it wasn't their fault. The fact that everything worked before seemed to mean nothing. I rang to cancel our services from them, to which a very nice lady said the tech guys are just trying to sell us something we don't need, she agreed with me that it's not my fault. So I have a virgin technician coming monday.Watch this space 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 13 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Can't find the way of telling the printer the new WiFi  on the hub 3

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 14 of 20
Flag for a moderator

First, you must understand it is not Virgin Media’s responsibility to connect your printer to WiFi. It’s your responsibility.

As has been said before, you need to establish from reading your printer’s manual how to connect your printer to a new WiFi source.

If you supplied the make and model of your printer, perhaps some kind customer will point you in the right direction.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 15 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I think I may have sorted my problem. First of all I disabled the 5 ghz on the hub. That didn't work. So I uninstalled the printer then reinstalled it again, and it's printing. I'll wait and see if it's still ok in the morning , just in case  it decides not to work when it's ' had a sleep ' , as I've read has happened to someone else .  Will confirm tomorrow. Many thanks to the people who have tried to help me . Perhaps my solution may be of help to someone at sometime.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 16 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I do realize it is not virgins responsibility to connect my printer to my hub . But there are so many people with the same problem, why don't virgin suggest a solution when you call them .instead  of saying , nothing to do with us. The way I see it is that my printer was working before they installed the superhub 3, then after it wasn't, so it certainly wasn't something I'd done . At least I didn't pay the gadget men £50 to do the job . This is the first time in 30 years I've had a problem with virgin, and they didn't cover themselves in glory. Rather disappointed. But relieved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 17 of 20
Flag for a moderator

You didn’t have a Virgin Media problem. The problem was yours.

You came to the right place for help - here where other customers have knowledge to help you with your problem.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 18 of 20
Flag for a moderator

You're right of course. I'm in my seventies and not very tech minded, so in my simple way of thinking, I just assumed that as my printer worked before I had the hub 3 and not after that the hub 3 had something to do with it . Virgin must know about the problems people have with this, it was just a shame they couldnt offer some suggestions to people like myself who felt they were walking down a blind alley. Having said that they were going to send a technician out to me yesterday. So, yes indeed they were right and I was wrong .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 19 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Computer support for the technically challenged is a growth industry.

For example, Which? Magazine offers a phone/email support service - £5 per month for magazine members, £6 per month for non-members. But it only operates Mon-Fri 9 to 5 (and excludes Bank Holidays). And you may find yourself with a large phone bill for peak daytime calls if you phone in.

Compare that with the level of service and expertise you get on this Community site – for FREE.

Highlighted
Settling in
Message 20 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I had the same problem with my wireless laser printer. It connected to the VM Hub, but computers kept complaining that the printer was offline or it would print a few lines and stop. Tried splitting the 2.4 and 5GHZ SSID's but still had the same problem.

I switched the printer from connecting directly to the VM Hub to connecting to a different wifi access point (with different SSID) that is connected via HomePlug to the VM Hub. Now printing works fine, even when the computer is connected to the VM Hub.

Some computers took a day or so to adjust, so maybe a restart or reinstalling the printer drivers may have sped that up.

0 Kudos